Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Savridi Singers is Calgary’s premier women’s choir. The group was formed 31 years ago and is a registered charitable organization. Our mission is to provide education and performance opportunities that promote the development of choral music; enhance choir members’ abilities; and stimulate public interest in choral music. Our group proudly highlights emerging Canadian talent and often shares the stage with fellow Calgary artists.
Description of Role:
Treasurer: The Treasurer sits as a member of the board of directors of the Savridi Singers Association. His/her primary role is to manage the assets and liabilities of the Association in accordance with the aims and objectives of the organization.
• Coordinate and prepare annual budget with input from the board and Artistic Director
• Submit accurate and timely financial statements to the board of directors
• Provide financial information for grants as required
• Maintain correspondence and ensure compliance with AGLC and CRA
• Review of year-end financial statements and Annual Registered Charities return completed by accounting firm
• Present financial report to the AGM
• Attend board meetings
• Oversee personnel assigned to assist with bookkeeping
1 Year to 2 Years