Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Alberta Music Education Foundation (AMEF) is a registered charity whose mission is to promote the advancement of music education in Alberta through participation and/or sponsorship.
Description of Role:
As a member of the Board, the Treasurer acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the Foundation. The Treasurer is accountable to the Board of Directors. It is the responsibility of the Treasurer to:
• Oversee the financial functioning of the Foundation
• Ensure that accurate accounts are kept of Board receipts and disbursements for Board-related expenditures
• Speak to members (Board and general) regarding the budget in partnership with the Executive Director and Finance Committee
• Serve on the Executive Committee
• May oversee an independent audit from an outside accounting firm
Certification or Education Required:
• Experience in the charitable sector is preferred, expertise in music education is not required.
• Willingness to become familiar with and abide by the Government of Alberta Societies Act and the Government of Canada Charities Act
• Familiarity with budget preparation and monitoring, financial record keeping and reporting
• All the requirements of Board membership
Music education; volunteerism;
2 Years or More