Description of Charity/Foundation:
St. Albert Family Resource Centre is a thriving and vital non-profit family resource centre serving families in St. Albert and the surrounding communities since 1982. We provide a variety of educational courses and workshops, as well as one-on-one support services, for families with growing children.
Description of Role:
The Volunteer Board Treasurer will:
• Sit as a member of the Board of Directors, attend board and committee meetings, and regularly report to the board on any key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health
• Manage the finances of the society, including the board’s review and action related to financial responsibilities
• Administer fiscal matters of the organization
• Develop and oversee the society’s financial policies and procedures
• Provide annual budget to the Board of Directors for members’ approval as well as other appropriate financial reports
• Ensure that an audited statement of the financial position of the CENTRE is prepared and presented to the Members at the
Annual General Meeting
• Performs other duties assigned by the Board
Certification or Education Required:
Any of the following certifications: CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CFA, etc.
Interested in volunteering with an association that works with families and has a desire to ensure all families have the support and skills to thrive in our community.
1 Year to 2 Years