Description of Charity/Foundation:
Created in 1989 to provide a way for young people to confidentially report abuse, a unique telephone counselling service was launched providing free, accessible support to any young person reaching out, anywhere in the country.
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only national 24-hour, bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth.
Description of Role:
Lead the recruitment and management of volunteers for planning and event day.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist staff/committee members in recruiting and training volunteers.
- Working with Committee leads to determine pre-event and event day volunteer needs.
- Work from existing volunteer list and recruit new volunteers for various tasks.
- Make sure all volunteers have reviewed training guides.
- Schedule volunteers to attend national training conference calls.
- Manage event day volunteers and troubleshoot as required on site.
- Provide appropriate recognition for all volunteers with help from KHP staff.
- Provide Kids Help Phone with a post-event volunteer evaluation and volunteer list.
*The day of the walk is Sunday, May 6th, 2018*
2 Years or More
January – March: Approximately 5-7 hours a month
April/May: Hours may increase as event draws near
Day of WALK: Approximately 9 hours