Description of Charity/Foundation:
Make a difference. Consider joining the Board of Directors! SkirtsAfire Festival is Edmonton’s only multidisciplinary arts festival featuring and elevating the work of women-identified artists. Established in 2012, we are a dynamic non-profit that’s making a difference in Edmonton’s thriving arts community. We create space for amazing women of diverse backgrounds to share their work and insightful stories in a variety of art forms.
We are diverse and daring! Each year we continue to expand our Festival and grow as a team: we ask ourselves how we can do better, think bigger, and how we can continue serving the community we’ve created with a festival to be proud of.
Description of Role:
You’ll be working with an energetic, fun and inclusive team that’s helping empower artists and audiences. You’ll bring your leadership and expertise to help guide the organization in non-profit Board governance and growth. Use your existing skills and discover new ones as you join us in presenting professional and thought-provoking artistic performances and exhibitions.
There is potential opportunity to join the Board as a Committee member in addition to, or instead of the Board position.
Time commitment is approximately 6 hours per month. Meetings take place approximately once per month, typically on the second Monday of the month.
• Accounting or finance background at the management or professional level. Individuals working toward a designation are welcome to apply.
• Knowledge of financial analysis and standard financial documents (eg. financial statements, profit & loss, balance sheets).
• Experience with non-profit governance, funding and reporting is an asset, or an interest to grow experience in this area.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate financial information in a meaningful way that shows linkages to the Strategic Plan.
• Motivated self-starter.
• Inclusive team player.
February 2018 – August 1, 2018, with option to stand for election to the Board at the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
Certification or Education Required:
Educational background can include accounting, finance, commerce, or economics.
• Community building and the Arts.
• Support and empower the work of women of diverse backgrounds.
• A desire to contribute within a fun and creative environment, and help ensure the ongoing growth of the organization.
1 Year to 2 Years