Description of Charity/Foundation:
The Boyle Street Community League – the heart of the City. We are located just east of the downtown Edmonton core, in the amazing new Boyle Street Plaza in the Quarters. With easy access to and from all areas of the city, we who live here feel that all roads lead to the heart of the city, our home.
Description of Role:
Sits as Executive Director on the League Board and would Ideally reside in the boundaries of the Boyle Street Community, Edmonton. Excellent opportunity to gain experience and to be involved in your Community.
• The board of directors is the legal authority for the community league.
TERM OF OFFICE
• Term of office is 2 years.
• A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
• Commit to the work of the organization.
• Review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
• Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
• Orient new board members.
• Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
• Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
• Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership.
• Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
• Approve the budget and other financial matters.
• Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
• Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
• Gives regular reports to the board on the financial state of the community league.
• Acts as signing officer, with another officer, for cheques and other documents.
• Issues cheques for all invoices.
• Make deposits.
• Enters all transactions in the journal and balances monthly.
• Arranges for annual audit of books.
• Prepares financial statements.
• Supervises the bookkeeper, if one is engaged.
• Completes security clearance check.
1 Year to 2 Years
Charity/Foundation Website: http://www.boylestreetcl.com/